International Credit Union Day is coming up on Thursday, October 20! This week we will be celebrating the credit union authentic difference by sharing information on our Facebook page about how credit unions help the communities in which we live and work. Here are a few interesting facts to get us started!
What is International Credit Union Day?
- A day when credit unions all over the world celebrate the qualities that make them unique and show appreciation for their members.
- The celebration started in 1948 and occurs every year on the third Thursday of October.
- There are 57,000 credit unions worldwide in 105 countries.
What makes a credit union different?
- Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives.
- We offer the same services as other financial institutions, but we return all of our profits to members. That’s why we have better rates and fewer fees.
- We are owned by our members, not shareholders, so our money stays in the community.
We hope you will join us on social media this week to celebrate International Credit Union Day!