Having the perfect night out doesn’t mean you need to break the budget. Here are eight ideas to help you save this Valentine’s Day.
- Cook a romantic dinner at home instead of eating at an overpriced restaurant. Set the ambiance with some scented candles and soft music, and save a bundle! Giving each other massages or a foot rub could be an added bonus.
- Make your own gift. Instead of buying a pricey piece of jewelry, frame a nice picture of the two of you or write a meaningful card.
- If you are going out to eat, make sure to check sites like Groupon, LivingSocial and RetailMeNot for deals on restaurants near you before making reservations.
- Skip the wine bottle at the restaurant and pop the cork at home instead.
- Explore the great outdoors! It may be cold out, but you can still have fun just enjoying the fresh air. Bundle up and take a refreshing walk under the stars. Then, go home and warm up with steaming mugs of hot chocolate.
- Get yourself a great work out and have a fantastically fun date by going ice or roller-skating! You can even take a class together.
- Get cultured on a budget by taking advantage of a local museum’s free or discounted rates at specific times or nights.
- Have an awesome time at the neighborhood comedy club. Entrance tickets can be as cheap as $5 apiece!
We’d love to hear from you. How do you save on a date without compromising on the quality of the evening? Share your best tips with us in the comments!