Have you been bitten by the business bug? Would being your own boss be a dream come true? It all sounds very exciting, but check this list first to be sure you’re truly ready to leave your 9 to 5 to become an entrepreneur.
- You feel a burning passion for the product or service you want to market, and you’re not just looking to open a business because you hate your current job.
- You’re certain there is a true demand for your product. You’ve researched it carefully, surveyed your family and friends, and got a good feel for the market before you plunge into it.
- Your personal finances are in a good place and can handle the risk. Speak with an Insight Credit Union representative to help crunch the numbers and be sure you can swing it financially. We offer a variety of services for business owners.
- You have the physical strength and the head space to give your new business your all.
- You have a sound financial plan for your business.
- You have the full support of your spouse and family.
If this list sounds like you, then congratulations! You’re on your way to starting your business.
Are you already a small-business owner? What advice do you have for those who are just starting out? Share your wisdom in the comments!