Having the perfect night out doesn’t mean you need to break the budget. Here are eight ideas to help you save this Valentine’s Day.
- Cook a romantic dinner at home instead of eating at an overpriced restaurant. Set the ambiance with some scented candles and soft music, and save a bundle! Giving each other massages or a foot rub could be an added bonus.
- Make your own gift. Instead of buying a pricey piece of jewelry, frame a nice picture of the two of you or write a meaningful card.
- If you are going out to eat, make sure to check sites like Groupon, LivingSocial and RetailMeNot for deals on restaurants near you before making reservations.
- Skip the wine bottle at the restaurant and pop the cork at home instead.
- Explore the great outdoors! It may be cold out, but you can still have fun just enjoying the fresh air. Bundle up and take a refreshing walk under the stars. Then, go home and warm up with steaming mugs of hot chocolate.
- Get yourself a great work out and have a fantastically fun date by going ice or roller-skating! You can even take a class together.
- Get cultured on a budget by taking advantage of a local museum’s free or discounted rates at specific times or nights.
- Have an awesome time at the neighborhood comedy club. Entrance tickets can be as cheap as $5 apiece!
We’d love to hear from you. How do you save on a date without compromising on the quality of the evening? Share your best tips with us in the comments!
Help us remember our veterans this Valentine’s Day! We will be collecting valentines, toiletries, books, games, socks, t-shirts and other items at our 17 branches until Saturday, February 6, 2016. All proceeds will benefit veterans who are being treated at a local VA Hospital.
In addition to collecting items, Insight partners with local elementary schools to deliver hundreds of very special Valentine’s Day Cards. These valentines are hand made by students to show their appreciation and bring happiness to veterans in the hospital.
Please join us in showing our brave veterans how much we value their service and sacrifices. Click here for a list of acceptable donation items. Thank you for your support of this worthwhile cause!
Valentine’s Day…. Two little words that could easily blow your budget early in the year, but it doesn’t have to! There are plenty of ways to express your love without breaking the bank this Valentine’s Day.
Consider Using Coupons
Many sites like Groupon and Livingsocial have special sections filled with discounted gifts and dinner specials for Valentine’s Day. You can save money while also doing something different you wouldn’t normally do. It’s a win-win!
Stay In and Cook Dinner Together
You can still have a romantic meal for two, and a plus is that you won’t be cramped or rushed at a restaurant full of other couples. If you really want to go out to eat to celebrate still, consider moving your celebration date. Many restaurants will be far less busy and possibly cheaper before or after February 14th.
Minimize Rather Than Do Without
Instead of a dozen roses, give just one as a sweet surprise. Instead of a whole box of expensive chocolates, give them just one bar of their favorite brand of chocolate.
Make Something by Hand
You could bake, knit a scarf, write a poem or make a scrapbook. Instead of buying a card, make the card yourself. Give the gift of your time, represented in the object you present to them, and they will appreciate it far more than an expensive and meaningless gift.
The bottom line is that Valentine’s Day is about spending time with the person you love – not filling the pockets of card companies, flower delivery firms and restaurants. It really is the thought the counts, and with these ideas you can have a budget friendly yet cheerful Valentine’s Day this year!
Throughout the year, Insight Credit Union is dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve. Our first philanthropic campaign of the year is our 17th Annual Valentines for Veterans. We will be collecting valentines, toiletries, books, games, socks, t-shirts and other personal items at any of our 16 Central Florida branches from now until Friday, February 6, 2015. These much needed items will be donated to a local VA hospital the week of Valentine’s Day.
In addition to collecting items, Insight partners with local elementary schools to deliver hundreds of very special Valentine’s Day cards. These valentines are hand made by students to show appreciation and bring happiness to veterans in the hospital.
Please join us in showing our brave veterans how much we value their service and sacrifices. To find a branch near you, click here. Thank your for your support of this worthwhile cause.
Happy Valentine’s Day!